Grilled Swordfish Kebabs with Shabazi
“This marinade’s vibrant flavors are equally great on tuna, chicken, and pork, and I love using Shabazi with steamed mussels.” - Gavin Kaysen
Grilled Swordfish Kebabs
Chef Gavin Kaysen
- 1 ½ pounds swordfish, bloodline and skin removed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
2 Tbsp La Boîte Shabazi N.38 spice blend
- fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, halved
- Alternating swordfish and vegetables, skewer the ingredients, leaving 2 inches open on each end. Repeat this process until all of the ingredients are skewered.
- Line a sheet pan with foil. Lay the skewers on top and sprinkle with the spice blend, salt, and the olive oil. Let sit for at least 15 minutes and up to 4 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Apply a bit of oil to the grill grates to prevent any chance of sticking. Place the skewers on the grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Using tongs, turn the kebabs to the other side and continue to cook until the swordfish is no longer opaque in the center, 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Arrange the kebabs on a serving tray and set aside to rest for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the two lemon halves cut-side down on the grill to char for 3 minutes. Add the charred lemons to the tray with the kebabs.
Award-winning chef Gavin Kaysen loves to cook on his days off. In his first cookbook, At Home, he applies the lessons he’s learned in professional kitchens to feeding his family and friends. Each recipe goes deeper and wider than the typical cookbook, offering step-by-step photography as well as tips and insights Gavin has collected during his years of running fine dining kitchens and cooking with the world’s best chefs (and his grandmother, Dorothy). This collection of recipes marry his Midwestern roots with the elevated French cuisine that has earned the chef many awards and countless fans.