Caramelized Carrots with Smoked Cinnamon Cream
Carrots seasoned with our sweet and savory Penang blend get roasted until a tender golden brown. To complete the dish, we made a simple smoked cinnamon cream using coconut milk for a fluffy sauce to drizzle over caramelized carrots and finish with scallion.
Penang Caramelized Carrots with Smoked Cinnamon Cream
- 1 pound carrots, scrubbed clean and large ones split in half lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp Penang blend
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 14oz can coconut milk
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp Smoked Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Toss the carrots, Penang, salt, olive oil, and fresh thyme leaves to coat well and roast for 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender and golden brown. Rotate the tray halfway through cooking.
- While the carrots are cooking, reduce the coconut milk with salt and smoked cinnamon over medium heat stirring frequently. The milk should reduce by half for a thick sauce consistency.
- When ready, plate the carrots, making sure to drizzly on any juices from the pan and finish with the warm sauce and scallions.
This recipe also works well with other fall squashes like delicata and acorn.
Questions? Contact email@example.com