Chermoula Chickpeas with Preserved Lemon
Chermoula Chickpeas with Preserved Lemon and Hummus
2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, diced ½”
½ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 Tbsp Mousa blend + 1 tsp Mousa for finishing
- 2 Tbsp chopped Preserved Lemons
- 2 Tbsp roughly chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 ½ cup hummus
- 2 Tbsp oil from the Preserved Lemons
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat the olive oil and cook the red onions with salt over medium heat until softened, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, Mousa, chopped lemon, and half a cup of water and simmer until just heated through.
- Remove the pan from heat and fold in the parsley and cilantro.
- Spread the hummus onto a serving platter, leaving a well I the center.
- Spoon in the warm chickpeas and served drizzled with the oil from the Preserved Lemons.
Spinkle on the final teaspoon of Mousa to finish and enjoy!
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org