Chermoula Chickpeas with Preserved Lemon
Our Mousa blend is chermoula in a jar. It has saffron, parsley, lemon, onion and spices to bring all the delicious versatility of this classic seasoning. We love using it in marinades, sauces, for roasting chicken (and annual turkey) as well as bright and flavorful dishes like this marinated chickpeas with preserved lemon.
Chermoula Chickpeas with Preserved Lemon and Hummus
2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, diced ½”
½ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 Tbsp Mousa blend + 1 tsp Mousa for finishing
2 Tbsp chopped Preserved Lemons
- 2 Tbsp roughly chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 ½ cup hummus
- 2 Tbsp oil from the Preserved Lemons
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat the olive oil and cook the red onions with salt over medium heat until softened, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, Mousa, chopped lemon, and half a cup of water and simmer until just heated through.
- Remove the pan from heat and fold in the parsley and cilantro.
- Spread the hummus onto a serving platter, leaving a well I the center.
- Spoon in the warm chickpeas and served drizzled with the oil from the Preserved Lemons.
Spinkle on the final teaspoon of Mousa to finish and enjoy!
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org