Minestrone offers so much satisfaction from a few fresh vegetables and some key pantry staples. We love a warm bowl of soup on a brisk evening. This one comes together easily with our Riviera Herbs and B Mary blend full of tomato and pimentón to make a quick fresh soup with the deep flavor or a long-cooked stew. The variations are also endless so feel free to add your favorite seasonal additions (butternut squash, a little pastina, sweet baby peppers) and don’t forget to finish with plenty of Parmesan and rich La Boîte olive oil.
2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz package of pancetta or bacon cut into ¼” pieces
- 1 cup onion, ½” dice
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- ½ cup carrot, ½” dice
- ½ cup celery, ½” dice
3 Tbsp Riviera Herbs blends
1 tsp peperoncini
1 tsp fine sea salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 Tbsp B Mary blend
1 28oz can diced tomato
2 cans water (measured with the can from the diced tomato)
- 1 14oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups of zucchini, ½” dice
- ½ bunch of kale, ½” dice
- Grated Parmesan
- In a heavy bottom pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add the bacon and cook to render the fat, about half cooked.
Add the onion, garlic, carrot, celery, Riviera herbs, peperoncino, salt and pepper and stir to combine well.
- Cook covered for 10 minutes or until vegetables are beginning to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Add the B Mary blend and stir to combine well.
- Add the tomato and water and increase the heat to bring the pot to boil.
- When ready, reduce the heat to simmer the soup for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the bean, zucchini, and kale and stir well to combine.
- Increase the heat again to boil and reduce the heat to simmer for another 10 minutes or until the kale and zucchini are completely tender. Adjust with salt and pepper as necessary.
For each bowl of soup, garnish with plenty of grated Parmesan cheese and our rich and full La Boîte olive oil.
Questions? Contact email@example.com