Turkey and Black bean Chili
Rich and comforting, our turkey and black bean chili is definitely a soup that eats like a meal. Amahari's rich, smokey paprika and mild heat provides a bold bookend to finish the chili with a touch of cocoa from our Apollonia blend. Half the fun is in the toppings - so go for it and enjoy every flavorful, crispy, cheesy bite!
Turkey and Black Bean Chili
- 4 Tbsp vegetable oil divided
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup onion diced ¼”
- ½ cup jalapeno, seeded and diced ¼”
2 tsp fine sea salt
1 Tbsp granulated garlic
4 Tbsp Amahari blend
- 4 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 28oz can diced tomato
- 1 quart chicken stock (or vegetable stock, or water)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 Tbsp Apollonia blend
- Shredded cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Sour cream
- Pickled jalapeno
- Hot sauce
- Chopped scallion
- In a heavy bottom pot, heat 2 tablespoons of oil until smoking hot and crumble in the ground turkey to sear for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the onion, garlic, salt, and 2 more tablespoons of oil and continue cooking over medium heat for 5 more minutes or until the onions and jalapeno have softened.
- When ready add the garlic, Amahari, and tomato paste and stir well to combine
- Add the diced tomato, chicken stock, and beans and bring the pot to boil over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to simmer for 1 hour or until the chili is thickened and flavorful.
- Stir in the Apollonia blend and enjoy with toppings!
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org