Satisfying, roasted mushrooms with the bold, caramelized flavor of bulgogi. The classic flavor of soy sauce and honey, garlic, and ginger come together with a pinch of Le Poivre for deep peppercorn flavor laced with just a hint of bright red chili.
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pound mushroom, assorted mushrooms (see Recipe Notes below)
- ¼ cup soy sauce, regular or gluten free tamari
2 Tbsp honey (or brown sugar)
- 1 clove of garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, grated or finely chopped
1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted (see Recipe Notes below)
1 tsp Le Poivre blend
- 1 cup scallions that are cut into 1” long pieces
- In a heavy bottom sauté pan over high heat, heat the oil until rippling and add the mushrooms in a single layer.
- Allow the mushrooms to cook without seasoning or stirring, until the edges of the mushrooms start to turn golden brown.
- Then give them a good stir and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are well roasted and golden brown (about 6-10 minutes).
- Reduce the heat to low and add the soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, sesame seeds, Le Poivre, and scallions and stir to combine well.
- Continue cooking to reduce the sauce to glaze the mushrooms and enjoy!
For the mushrooms, we like to use an assortment of shiitake, king oyster, and maitake but all one mushroom as well as sliced cremini also work really well!
To toast sesame seeds, place them on an oven safe tray and bake at 350 F for 10 minutes (or until golden brown), stirring halfway through toasting.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org