Thinly sliced and marinated with our 1764 blend full of the flavors of rosé, this watermelon carpaccio makes a beautiful, sweet-savory salad. Marinating the seasoned, thin slices of watermelon removes excess moisture and gives them a delicately meaty texture ready to be gently bathed in olive oil.
- 2 pounds peeled seedless watermelon, thinly sliced (about 3/8”)
1 tsp fine sea salt
1 Tbsp 1764 blend
- 1 cup feta cheese
½ cup parsley leaves (or a mix of parsley and cilantro), roughly chopped
½ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp finely minced shallot
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- Mix the salt with the 1764 blend and season the slices of watermelon on all sides.
- Transfer the seasoned slices to a container and leave to marinate refrigerated overnight.
- The following day, remove the watermelon to a fine sieve or colander and allow the excess juice to drain well.
- Into a bowl, roughly crumble the feta cheese and fold in the parsley, olive oil, shallot, and lemon juice.
- Arrange a layer of drained, marinated watermelon on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle some of the seasoned feta around the platter.
- Add another layer of watermelon and alternated with more of the feta until completed.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges for a bright finish.
in a pinch you could also enjoy the salad freshly cut and seasoned.
Questions? Contact email@example.com