- 1 8oz container of baby bella mushrooms, cleaned and stem removed (and chopped)
½ tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp Amahari blend
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced ¼”
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp Pierre Poivre blend
- 1 Tbsp Amahari blend
- 2 oz goat cheese (¼ cup)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Toss the mushroom caps with the half teaspoon salt, one teaspoon of Amahari, and two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place on an oven safe tray and roast 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and remove from the oven to cool.
While the msuhrooms are roasting, heat a heavy bottom sauté pan over medium high heat with the olive oil and cook the onions with the teaspoon of salt until softened and caramelized. Add the chopped mushrooms stems and cover the pan as the onions cook, stirring occasionally.
As the pan collects caramelized color, add a spoon or two of water to deglaze the pan while stirring to get all the caramelized flavor back into the onions.
- When ready, add the Pierre Poivre and Amahari and stir well to combine.
- Crumble in the goat cheese and fold in the herbs, careful to retain the goat cheese morsels.
- Stuff the mixture into each mushroom and arrange in an oven safe dish.
- Baked for 5-8 minutes or unitl warmed through and golden brown on top.
See Recipe Notes below for this side dish version.
For the side dish version, slice and roast the mushrooms until golden brown in the oven with theoil, salt, and Amahari. Caramelize the onion as above and then stir in the roasted mushrooms. Fold in the goat cheese and herbs as usual and transfer everything to an oven safe dish to finish.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org