I grew up eating tandoori everything and it can feel intimidating for the home cook but with this spice blend you are going to be able to wow your guests and yourself. You will also be able to nourish your body, mind, and soul with this incredible tandoori blend. Make some quick pickles, finish the cauliflower with some butter and a little Everything Indian blend and you are a flatbread away from a great home cooked meal.
The Tandoori and Everything Indian blends can be found in the Spice Dabba set.
- ¾ cup full fat plain yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2Tbsp tomato paste
1 Tbsp Tandoori spice blend
- 1 whole head of cauliflower, leaves removed
- 1 Tbsp butter
¼ tsp Everything Indian
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
½ tsp cumin
For the Tandoori Cauliflower
For the quick pickled onions
- In a bowl, whisk together the yogurt, garlic, ginger, tomato paste, Tandoori blend and salt.
- Wash the cauliflower and dry really well.
- Brush the marinade over the cauliflower making sure it is thoroughly coated and marinate the cauliflower for 1 hour at room temperature. Set aside the remaining marinade.
- While the cauliflower marinates, mix the ingredients for the pickled onions, saving a large pinch of cilantro.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Place the cauliflower in an oven safe dish and loosely cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Carefully take the cauliflower out of the oven, remove the foil and baste with the remaining marinade.
- Bake for another 45 minutes or until the cauliflower can be pierced easily with a knife.
- Place the butter on the cauliflower and return to the oven for 1-2 minutes until the butter has melted.
- Transfer the cooked cauliflower to a serving platter and top with the onions.
- Finish with a dusting of Everything Indian and fresh cilantro and serve with flatbread, roti, naan or as a side to your favorite main dish.