Bhindi Masala (Okra)
Bhindi Masala (or okra) the easy way using the Spice Dabba! The star of this dish is the Everyday Masala Blend to make your Indian cooking seamless, easy, and delicious. Add a pinch of red chili powder for that extra kick.
Everyday Masala Bhindi
- 2.5 cups fresh or frozen chopped okra
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp turmeric
1 Tbsp Everyday Masala
- 3 Tbsp avocado or other neutral oil
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
Pinch of red chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- In an oven safe dish, mix together the okra, onion, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, salt, pepper, cumin, turmeric, Everyday Masala and oil.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the okra is cooked through, mixing thoroughly every 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cilantro and dust with chili powder.
- Serve with flatbread or rice.
In place of okra, fresh or frozen cut green beans work very well as do mushrooms!
The full Dabba Set includes:
Find our more about Kanchan Koya and how our Spice Dabba set came to be.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org