It's hard to remember a time when pita chips were not a thing, thanks to Stacy. They are easy to make and, in a few minutes, you can have your own, freshly baked pita chips with your favorites spice blends like za'atar.
Za'atar Pita Chips
- 4 pitas, the thin, flat kind
¼ cup za’atar
2 tsp fine sea salt
½ cup olive oil
- To cut the pita chips, lay each pita flat on a cutting board and split them open by running a small knife around the seam of the pita.
- Cut each pita into eight wedges,
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Divide the pita chips onto baking trays, making sure they are in single layers to cook evenly.
- Combine the za’atar and fine sea salt together and dust evenly over the pita triangles.
- Drizzle the olive oil evenly over the chips and bake for 24-40 minutes, rotating the trays halfway, until crisp and golden brown. The chips should be completely crispy.