Roasted Asparagus with Escabeche
Roasted Jumbo asparagus is such a satisfying green vegetable to enjoy. Seasoning it with our Escabeche blend full of coarsely ground coriander and fennel laced with saffron and lemon gives it a nutty flavor and texture, a lovely lemony balance, and gently floral depth from saffron. Spreading a layer of labne swirled with bright makrut lime leaf vinaigrette makes the dish uniquely delicious and addicting.
Asparagus with Escabeche
- 1 bunch jumbo asparagus, trimmed
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp fine sea salt
2 Tbsp Escabeche blend
1 cup labne
½ cup Makrut Lime Leaf Vinaigrette (see Recipe Notes below)
- 1 Tbsp Escabeche
- 1 tsp fleur de sel
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Evenly coat the asparagus spears with olive and season with the salt and Escabeche.
- Lay them evenly on an oven safe tray and roast for 10 minutes or until just tender. They will continue to cook a little on the hot tray after removing from the oven.
- Spread a serving plate with the labne and Makrut Lime Leaf Vinaigrette and lay the asparagus on top.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Escabeche and finish with fleur de sel for even more delicate crunchy seasoning.