This Everything Indian spiced homemade popcorn is going to change your life. Popcorn and movie night just got a lot more – spicilicious! It’s so addictive in the best way possible.
Everything Indian Spiced Stovetop Popcorn
- 4 Tbsp avocado or other neutral oil, divided
- 1 cup popping corn, preferably organic
1 tsp fine sea salt
½ Tbsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp Everything Indian
¼ tsp chili powder
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large pot for which you have a lid on medium high heat.
- Add 4 kernels of the popping corn, cover the pot and wait until you hear them all pop. This is how you know your oil is ready.
- Add the remaining corn, cover and remove the pot from the heat for about 20 seconds so all the corn comes to the popping temperature.
- Place the pot back onto the flame, adjust the cover to leave a small gap to allow the steam to escape and wait for the corn to finish popping, shaking the pot every 30 or so to prevent the bottom layer from burning.
- Once the popping has stopped, turn off the heat and remove the lid. Transfer your popped corn to a large mixing bowl.
- Spray or drizzle with avocado oil and mix well. Add the spices and give it a good toss with clean hands or wooden spoons.
- Adjust the salt to taste. Enjoy!