You know eggplant is one of my favorites. Over the last few months, I’ve learned about Chinese eggplant and now I’m hooked. It cooks beautifully, and quickly, and has added even more eggplant dishes to my list. This quick baba comes together faster than the classic and I love that the tender skin can be left on. Finish it with smoked salt for that long-cooked flavor and drizzle on plenty of tahini sauce and Shabazi oil. Yalla
Check out our Mezze collection of dishes (including this one) in Recipe Notes below.
Lior Lev Sercarz
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Toss the diced eggplant in olive oil and salt and roast on an oven safe tray fro 30 minutes or until cooked and golden brown.
- While the eggplant is roasting, whisk the tahina, lemon juice, water, and salt until smooth and fluffy.
- Stir the Shabazi, oil, and fine sea salt together and set aside.
- When ready transfer the cooked eggplant to a serving plate and drizzle with generously with the tahini sauce.
- Then drizzle the Shabazi oil over the platter and finish by sprinkling on the smoked salt.
You can read more about Mezze and a collection of great recipes to share with family and friends or just to stock your fridge for a delicious week to come.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org