- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the fine sea salt and Cara blend to combine and season the short ribs well with the mixture and place them in an oven safe roasting dish.
- Bake covered for 1 hour. Rotate the pan and continue roasting for 1 more hour or until the ribs are completely tender.
- When ready, remove the ribs from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- Pour off the excess beef fat that rendered during the roasting and add the onions, salt, pepper, and cara and cook over medium heat until the onions are tender.
- Add the flour and stir to combine well.
- Add the beef stock and vinegar to deglaze the pan, making sure to scrape up any caramelized bits.
- Simmer gently until onions are completely cooked and fold in the cherries.
- Increase the heat to bring the pan of cherry sauce to a quick boil.
- Remove the pan from heat and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Pour the sauce into the bottom of the serving platter and arrange the tender pieces of roasted short rib, the bones should fall away, and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
For those spices that typically aren’t eaten whole (peppercorns, allspice, star anise etc.) it is convenient to keep a little bit ground and ready – just do small batches to keep things fresh. This is the grinder Lior recommends and uses for small needs. It’s a little quieter, utilizes good technology to help with even grinding, and has a removable container for easy cleaning and storage.
Questions? Contact email@example.com