Garam Masala Salmon with Orange
My mom’s garam masala was one of my favorite things as a kid. Now you can enjoy it too as part of the Spice Dabba set.
Garam Masala Salmon
2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp minced ginger
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 small orange
1 tsp Garam Masala
Pinch of red chili powder
- 1 lb salmon, preferably wild caught (weight after removing skin and bones)
- 3 orange slices
- Baby arugula for 2-3 portions
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill leaves
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, ginger, shallot, salt, orange juice and zest and spices.
- Score the salmon with slits. Brush the marinade over the salmon.
- Top with the orange slices and bake for about 18 minutes or until the salmon is cooked but still pink and moist inside,
- Transfer the salmon onto a bed of arugula or your favorite vegetables.
- Sprinkle with roughly torn dill leaves. Serve with a side of roasted potatoes, rice or bread.
The full Dabba Set includes:
Here's more about Kanchan Koya and how her combined talents and interests lead to a love of spices.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org