Red Rubbed Chicken
Grill pan chicken rubbed with different red spices, garlic, and olive oil - simple perfection! I love paprika’s earthiness and it lends a gorgeous color to the chicken that lasts through grilling. I used my La Boite Rub Adom (Red Rub), but you can swap in the spices yourself if you just can’t wait.
Red Rubbed Chicken
Adeena Sussman, adapted from Sababa
I love paprika’s earthiness and it lends a gorgeous color to the chicken that lasts through grilling. I used my La Boite Rub Adom (Red Rub), but you can swap in the spices yourself if you just can’t wait. (You can find the link to order the rub in my bio if you’re interested!)
4 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp Rub Adom (see Recipe Notes below)
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Two skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Combine 3 tablespoons olive oil, Rub Adom (or spices), garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Add the chicken and coat well.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours and up to 24.
- Preheat a large grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, toss the broccoli in the remaining tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the chicken and broccoli and grill until the chicken is juicy and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Remove the broccoli and chicken to a platter, let the chicken rest 2-3 minutes, then slice and serve!
If you’ve run out of Rub Adom and your next order hasn’t arrived yet but you can’t wait to make this easy and delicious dish, you can make your own with 2 tablespoons sweet paprika, 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne.
Recipes adapted from Sababa: Fresh, Sunny Flavors From My Israeli Kitchen, by Adeena Sussman
© 2019 Avery Books
Photo © Dan Perez
Questions? Contact email@example.com