Geraldine is a devoted member of the La Boite team and an avid fan of the blends, singles, and pantry items from before she even joined the company. She also has a great passion for entertaining and enjoying her very delicious food (and cocktails) with family and friends. This fancy beet tartare is a great example of the level of beautiful dishes she creates in her home. It features one of her favorite blends, Ana, and is an excellent example of connecting to spices and ingredients to make food full of love.
If you haven’t stopped by our shop in NYC be sure to come in and say hello to Geraldine and let us know how you liked her delicious beet tartare.
Geraldine Taylor adapted by Helen Park
- 1 pound of peeled and cooked beets, cut into wedges
- 3 Tbsp finely minced shallot (about 1 shallot)
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp strawberry vinegar
- 6 cornichons, finely chopped
- ½ cup capers, drained
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
2 Tbsp Ana
1 tsp fine sea salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp roughly chopped parsley
Primonition hot sauce to taste
- 1 container of baby mixed lettuces lightly seasoned with salt and olive oil
- Extra capers for garnish
Place the beets, shallot, Worcestershire sauce, strawberry vinegar, cornichons, capers, mayonnaise, Ana, salt, and pepper in a food processor and pulse to evenly chop the ingredients. The size should be finely chopped but not pureed.
- Add the parsley and Primonition hot sauce to taste and pulse a few more times to mix.
Divide the lightly dressed salad between 6 portions and add ½ cup of beet tartare to each plate.
- Garnish with extra parsley and capers and enjoy!