Tender and flavorful olive stew is a great dish; a topping for a well of labne or hummus; or as a sauce for roasted chicken and braised dishes. Hot or cold, it’s delicious and elegant with a touch of mild heat from our B Marion blend and chocolatey Urfa chili.
¼ cup olive oil
1 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cup pitted olives, drained and cut in half
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp Urfa chili
1 Tbsp B Marion blend
2 Tbsp garlic slices
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
Salt to taste
- 1 cup labne or hummus
- Olive oil to finish
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, heat the olive oil until shimmering and cook the red onions over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the olives, water, tomato paste, thyme, Urfa, B Marion, and garlic slices and bring the pan to a boil. Reduce to simmer for 20 minutes or until the olives are tender and flavorful, and the sauce is reduced by half.
- Stir in the lemon zest to finish and adjust with salt if needed.
- Onto a plate, spread the labne with a well in the center and add a cup of the olive stew.
- Finish with a drizzling of olive oil and dive in with some thick, fresh, bread.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org