Red Lentil Crepes
Savory crepes that can be eaten fresh, as well as reheating well, fill the tortilla space in my heart. I always look for a good gluten free one and this is my favorite. So easy, just a few ingredients, a nonstick pan, and some parchment paper to put between the layers for later. Fill them with a boldly seasoned tofu scramble, rotisserie chicken, or this summer version with zucchini, basil, tomato and our beautiful Makrut lime vinaigrette (aka Liquid Gold).
Red Lentil Crepes
- 1 cup red lentil soaked overnight in 2 cups of water
1 tsp fine sea salt
½ tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp chickpea flour
1 Tbsp Curcumade blend
- Oil for cooking crepes
Zucchini Version - for every 4 crepes
- Season the zucchini and roast in the oven at 400°F for 10 minutes or until just tender
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup labne
- 1/2 cup makrut lime vinaigrette (aka Liquid Gold)
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomato
Fleur de sel
- Blend ingredients in a blender until smooth
- 1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
12 lime leaves, large stems removed
1/4 cup Curcumade blend
Makrut Lime Vinaigrette
- Blend the lentils and soaking water with salt, black pepper, chickpea flour, and Curcumade.
- Into a hot nonstick pan, heat some olive oil and cook the crepe batter 1/4 cup at a time.
- Let the edges get a little crispy before flipping and go for it.
- For every 4 crepes, season 1 cup of sliced zucchini and roast until tender
- Top the crepes with the zucchini, labne, and Makrut lime vinaigrette.
Finish with fresh basil, heirloom tomatoes, and fleur de sel!
These crepes are great fresh or can keep refrigerated for up to a week.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org